Friday, January 8, 2010

Chicago Magazine - September 2009

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Following the Best of Chicago issue of Chicago Magazine I had another opportunity to work with them on their September issue, specifically the section about teens in Chicago. I met up with writer Cassie Walker at North Beach in Chicago and we walked around the Chicago shoreline interviewing teens (well she interviewed, I as always just took pictures). Before night fall we ran into a big group of teenagers, and I ended up waist deep in water (the photos were cool though, not to worry). Long story short, the last group we ran into were our saving grace, and I learned the virtue of bringing a second pair of pants to work (which I did not have, but learned the virtue of).

After I got my copy of the September issue of Chicago as I browsed its articles I couldn't help but be intrigued in the photo work that lived on the page to the left of mine, so after some research (Google) I ran into the work of Ryan Robinson and as well as his Blog. His work is great, huge, colorful, energetic, and inspiring. If your a photographer like I am you will probably want to follow his blog, lots of great behind the scenes photos in there. It is also nice to have a local artist that you can really appreciate, up until now most of them weren't in this country :D .

My birthday is in September as well, so nothing cooler than having a magazine with your photos in it to go along with some cake.

No comments: